The Nottinghamshire Archives Users Group (NAUG) acts as a consultative forum to discuss developments and concerns relating to Nottinghamshire Archives.
Membership of the group consists of representatives of local and family history societies whose members regularly use the Archives service, together with a number of regular readers and members of the Archives staff. The group meets twice a year, or more often if necessary, for the following main purposes:
- to receive reports about recent developments and concerns in the Archives service and to discuss Customer Care issues
- to discuss future directions of the service
- to help raise the public profile of the service and to provide support for it with other bodies when necessary.
If you would like further information about the NAUG, or if you would like to bring issues to the attention of the group, please contact:
The Team Manager Heritage, who acts as the Secretary of the Group, email: email@example.com or the Chairman of the Group.
University of Nottingham (Chairman)
Prof. J V Beckett, Department of History, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Nottingham City Council and Nottingham Local Studies Library
Tracey Hylton-Burrows, Nottingham Central Library, Angel Row, Nottingham, NG1 6HP
Nottingham Trent University
Prof. Martyn Bennett, 31 Cambridge Street, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 1NC
Diocese of Southwell
Ms Elisabeth Crouch, Clerk to the Registrar, Dunham House, 8 Westgate, Southwell, Notts, NG25 0JL
University of Nottingham, Department of Manuscripts and Special Collections
Mr Mark Dorrington, Keeper of Manuscripts, King’s Meadow Campus, Lenton Lane, Nottingham, NG7 2NR
Nottinghamshire Family History Society
Ms D Johnson, 33 Redhill Lodge Drive, Redhill, Nottingham, NG5 8JH
Nottinghamshire Local History Association
Mr Derek Walker, Cratley, Back Lane, Eakring, Newark, Notts, NG22 0DJ
Friends of Nottinghamshire Archives
Dr Richard Gaunt, The University of Nottingham, Department of History, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Mr Peter Reddish
Mr John Parker (Co-opted), 124 Churchill Drive, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6DG
Nottinghamshire Archives Representatives
- Ms Ruth Imeson, Team Manager Archives and Local Studies
- Miss Barbara Sharp, Principal Archivist (Collections and Public Services)
- Mr Peter Lester, Principal Archivist (Records Management and Electronic Services)
- An Archives Assistant.